The CQC-10K features a bowie-style blade of 8Cr14MoV stainless steel with a stonewashed finish. It holds an edge well, and then resharpens easily when out in the field. The handle has a deep curve, designed to fit the palm and reduce hand fatigue during time-consuming tasks. For a secure-grip, the CQC-10K has a G10 front scale with a stainless steel back and sturdy frame lock. Of course, it's also equipped with the Emerson “wave shaped opening feature” so that the folder can be opened as it is withdrawn from the pocket. Or use the thumb disk for simple, manual opening.
- Frame lock assures open blade remains stable and secure; a portion of handle moves behind blade to lock it in position
- Pre-drilled holes allow user to change tip position or side on which knife carries
- Blade is 8Cr14MoV steel, a carbon dense heat-treated compound that provides strength, hardness and the ability to hold an edge; it has additional chromium for increased stain resistance
- G-10 on front handle is olive drab matte finish; non-reflective property is perfect fade when hunting
- Handle back has 410 bead-blasted finish, a fine medium of glass and aluminum oxide beads applied under high speed and pressure to create non-reflective finish